Speak Up: What Students Need to Know about the UBC IO
This online learning course is a place for students to learn about UBC’s Investigations Office (The IO) and UBC’s approach to reporting sexual misconduct. The course is made up of 5 modules. The modules within this course can be worked through at your own pace, and may take between 20-40 minutes to complete.
In this course, you can expect to learn about:
- the UBC Investigations Office and our trauma-informed approach
- Alternative Resolutions as options for addressing sexual misconduct on campus
- How to make a Report, and what to expect during an investigation
Staff and Faculty Informational Course
This online learning course is for staff and faculty to learn about UBC’s Investigations Office. The modules within this course can be worked through at your own pace, and may take between 45-75 minutes to complete.
In this course, you can expect to:
- Learn about UBC’s trauma informed approach to sexual misconduct investigations
- Build awareness of Alternative Resolution options to promote justice, healing and accountability
- Review your roles and responsibilities as UBC staff and faculty members regarding Policy SC17